Your information is contained within our small family company: The Organic Company, The Organic Bed Company, and Organic Selections. This is how it is used to make your shopping experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient:
- To process and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, promotions and services.
- To address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies, as well as to develop new products and services.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- If required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of our company and our employees, customers and others
- As required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process
Terms / Conditions
Last revised September 10, 2018
Welcome to The Organic Company sites, which include but are not limited to TheOrganicCompany.com, TheOrganicBedCompany.com, OrganicSelections.com, (the "Sites"). The Sites are provided as a service to our customers. Please review the following terms and conditions of use, including an Arbitration Agreement, which govern your use of the Sites (the "Agreement"). YOUR USE OF THE SITES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW AND BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO UPDATE OR MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. FOR THIS REASON, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT WHENEVER YOU USE ANY OF THE SITES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITES.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
Right to Change Sites
We reserve the right, at any time in our sole discretion to modify, suspend or discontinue the Sites or any service, content, feature or product offered through the Sites, with or without notice, and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Sites. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, or any service, content, feature or product offered through the Sites.
Unless otherwise noted, the Sites, and all features and materials on the Sites, including text, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and other content, and the copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property in such materials (collectively, the "Contents"), are owned, controlled or licensed by The Organic Company, The Organic Bed Company, Organic Selections, and other trademarks appearing on the Sites are the trademarks of The Organic Company and/or its subsidiaries. The Sites and the Contents are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the Sites for your personal use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded Content is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or exploit in any way any of the Contents or the Sites. Unless otherwise specified, the Sites and the Contents are intended to promote The Organic Company's products and services available in the United States. The Sites are controlled and operated by The Organic Company from its offices in Fairfield, Iowa. The content on this site does not constitute medical advice. You should consult your doctor before beginning any exercise, training or athletic program. The Organic Company is not responsible for any medical or health problems that may result from your engaging in any activities described on this site or from any information you obtain from this site. If you ever feel discomfort or pain, you should not continue.
User Comments, Feedback, and Other Submissions
The Organic Company is pleased to hear from users and welcomes your comments regarding our products and services. If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example, contest entries, customer reviews or photographs) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, customer reviews, photographs, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, "Comments"), you agree that The Organic Company. may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate, and otherwise use in any medium any Comments that you forward to The Organic Company. The Organic Company is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; 2) to pay compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any Comments.
The Organic Company has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any Comments. You agree that your Comments will not violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your Comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Sites. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead The Organic Company or third parties as to the origin of any Comments. You are solely responsible for any Comments you make and their accuracy. The Organic Company takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments posted by your or any third party.
Errors, Inaccuracies, and Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our Sites that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Sites is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and styles of our products that appear at the Sites. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color or style will be accurate.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
The Sites may contain links to other Web sites that are not under the control of The Organic Company. The Organic Company has no responsibility for the linked Web sites nor does linking constitute an endorsement of any linked Web site. If you use the links, you will leave the Sites and your activities may be governed by other terms and conditions and privacy practices. Links are provided solely for the convenience and information of the Sites' users.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold The Organic Company harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, due to your use of the Sites and/or your breach of any representation, warranty, or other provision of the Agreement.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Agreement
Mindful of the high cost of legal disputes, not only in dollars but also in time and energy, both you and The Organic Company agree to the following dispute resolution procedure: In the event of any controversy, claim, action or dispute arising out of or related to any transaction conducted on the Sites, or the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of this Agreement or any part of it ("Dispute"), the party asserting the Dispute shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party (by first class or registered mail) describing the facts and circumstances (including any relevant documentation) of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party 30 days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute. Notice shall be sent (1) to The Organic Company, 104 South Main St, Fairfield, IA 52556
(2) to you at: your last-used billing address or the billing and/or shipping address in your online profile. Both you and The Organic Company agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent which must be satisfied prior to initiating any arbitration or filing any claim against the other party. Arbitration Agreement: to the extent you cannot resolve any Dispute through the informal dispute resolution procedure described above, a Dispute shall be resolved through binding individual arbitration. You agree to give up your right to go to court to assert or defend your rights under this Agreement and with respect to any Dispute. You and The Organic Company expressly delegate to the arbitrator the authority to determine the arbitrability of any Dispute, including the scope, applicability, validity, and enforceability of this arbitration provision. In lieu of arbitration, either you or The Organic Company may bring any individual claim in small claims court consistent with the jurisdictional and dollar limits that may apply, as long as it is brought and maintained as an individual claim. Waiver of Right to Bring Class Actions and Representative Claims. All arbitrations shall proceed on an individual basis. The arbitrator is empowered to resolve the Dispute with the same remedies available in court, however, any relief must be individualized to you and shall not affect any other customer. You and The Organic Company agree that each may bring claims against the other in arbitration only in your or their respective individual capacities and in so doing you and The Organic Company hereby waive the right to a trial by jury, to assert or participate in a class action lawsuit or class action arbitration (either as a named-plaintiff or class member), and to assert or participate in any joint or consolidated lawsuit or joint or consolidated arbitration of any kind. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular cause of action, then that cause of action (and only that cause of action) must remain in court and be severed from any arbitration.Other Terms. This Arbitration Agreement shall be governed by, and interpreted, construed, and enforced in accordance with, the Federal Arbitration Act. The terms of the Arbitration Agreement provisions shall survive after this Agreement terminates or your use of the Sites ends. Except as set forth above, if any portion of this Arbitration Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not invalidate the remaining portions of the Arbitration Agreement.
With the exception of the Arbitration Agreement, which shall survive the termination of these terms, these terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or The Organic Company. You may terminate this Agreement at any time. The Organic Company also may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice, and accordingly may deny you access to the Sites, if in our sole judgment you fail to comply with any term or provision of the Agreement. The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this Agreement for all purposes.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to choice of law principles, except for the Arbitration Agreement above, which shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. The waiver of any provision of the Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of any other provision or of The Organic Company's right to require strict observance of each of the terms herein. If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, that provision shall be severable, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us relating to your use of the Sites.